View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
The current Apple store US price for the cheapest iPad 2 is $499.
According to xe.com that is £307.
Now add 20% for VAT and you get to £368.
Yep.

Quote:
The current Apple store UK price for the cheapest iPad is £329.
Umm, that's for the iPad1 - they've been reduced pending arrival of the new shiny...

Quote:
I would have though it likely that Apple would do the same in the UK as the US, and sell the iPad 2 at the same prices as the iPad.
Agreed; I'd be astonished (but pleased) to see any price cut due to currency fluctuations, but who knows - maybe they'll take it as an opportunity to drop the 16Gb WiFi model to £399 instead of £429 <shrug> Guess we'll find out on Friday
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote