View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #7
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Remember hardware keyboards are available for iPads. Even so, I prefer a traditional computer for creating EPUB books. The multi-tasking functionality on iOS is still on a primitive level; there is no easy way to switch between apps using an iPad hardware keyboard (no CMD+TAB or ALT+TAB equivalent there), and iOS still doesn't allow to display more than a single app on an iPad screen.
when I first read the post, this caught my eye "there is no easy way to switch between apps using an iPad"

I was going to post *sarcastically* -- four fingers slide from one to another.

Then, I realized, you had written "there is no easy way to switch between apps using an iPad keyboard"

Well, my experience with keyboards is that a combo of keyboard and touch screen gestures works best. So, the 4-finger slide could still be in order--if the iPad is stably mounted.

Shy of that, though, turn on Voice Over (Settings, Accessibiltiy) and the classic commandt-tab, command-shift-tab commands work. Alas, though, it changes the screen tap behavior!

The tab commands shouldn't require special settings.

Do you know of any forward-delete command?

The keyboard I have does 't seem to support it--or, iOS is missing it!

(Of course, Mr. Steve felt we didn't need cursor keys!)

Any update on ePub editing on iOS? I have a couple of ebooks for which I'd like to change the meta data and some mis-scanned words!
robinson is offline   Reply With Quote