View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I don't think its too negative, in fact, I think this thread is a good idea.

Like you, I'm pretty easy going. I do not tend to hate books, but I have found my self either thoroughly frustrated by or disappointed with them. I found The Witching Hour to be both frustrating & disappointing; I did not finish it.

My Goodreads Review:

Quote:
"After months of trying to slog through this book, I finally just gave up. It wasn't going to happen. Various components of the story were interesting, but as a whole it was just too much to wade through, without there seeming to be much of a point.
I really wanted to like the Witching Hour.... it has been on my bookshelf for years, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.
I'm actually very disappointed.
"
I gave the book "1" star. Those last statements came from the heart.

Last edited by Nyssa; 04-28-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: typo issues.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote