View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #73
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
Definitely, no work.

First, I'd stock up on some ammuntion while my wife raided the grocery store. She would pay for the food and booze if possible, but if things had broken down too badly, we would loot with the rest of them.

Next, I'd get a generator. I wouldn't assume that the power would stay on.

Then, I'd start calling people and gathering with friends, maybe even get together as a tribe to fend off the crazy people. I'd see if we could crash with some friends who have a defensible place in Malibu...with a swimming pool and hot tub.

Then, I'd try to pass the time as pleasantly as possible. Maybe a Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathon. I'd eat like a horse and surely drink to immoderation.

I wouldn't do anything to hurt anyone else, because now their time is even more precious than before. Except in self-defense, of course. My morality comes more from empathy than any religious dogma, so basically, I'd still treat others as I would like to be treated.
I think that's the key. Morality is not.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote