View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #82
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Review for Vampire Romance Books

By Rhonda Valverde "VampireRomanceBooks com and ... (KS, USA) - See all my reviews

This review is from: The Necromancer (Paperback)

The Necromancer is the story of Michelle. She is the survivor of a brutal attack that occurred while she was living in Vegas. Michelle decides to start life anew in Hawaii, and begins taking her life back. She is a very career driven woman, and she learns karate for protection and empowerment. Her only problem is her social life; it is stifled because of her fear of men. She meets Omar, and decides he is the one that will get her over her fear, but something about him just isn't right.

I may be all alone in this one, but I liked Omar's character. There is nothing that is endearing about him, but he is the perfect villain. He is dark, cruel, strange, and quite frankly psychotic. It's been a while since I stumbled upon a character so devious, and it was a welcome change. Michelle is the total opposite; as Omar put it, they are yin and yang. Despite her fears, she is a very strong woman who has endured unspeakable trauma. I found her character to be admirable.

This story was different from anything I have read in a while. I thought the beginning moved a little slow, but after that I was really caught up in the book. It was well written and easy to follow, and most of all very imaginative. Richter didn't take the path of the popular paranormal romance, although romance is hinted at. This book was almost sinister!

If you like your paranormal reads with a little edge or a fan of books with sorcerers and magic, give this story a try. If you are a fan of horror and suspense, this creepy read is a must!

**Reviewed by Teresa D. for VampireRomanceBooks.com**

Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004AYDGVM
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote