View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #66
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Awesome. Got a magnetized probe out of my toolkit, found it right away. I'll have to rig something if I keep the PW.

(Bright side of hanging out on these forums due to PW woes: have learned quite a few tricks and tips.)
The hall-effect magnetic sensor is on the right side of the screen, about one inch (2-3cm) above the bottom edge of the screen. You can read its status using a simple linux command (script, on screen terminal, or SSH command prompt) if a hack wants to use it for purposes other than sleep/wake.

The light does a slow fade out/fade in when a magnet is moved over the sensor.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote