View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #948
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You can also look under the Universal Serial Bus controllers on XPs Device Manager; check out any entries entitled USB Mass Storage Device; one of those will be the Kobo.

With me the Hardware Ids entry seems to show the full ID string
Code:
USB\VID_2237&PID_4163&REV_0326
The "Hardware IDs" entry gives:

USBSTOR\DiskKobo____eReader_________0110
USBSTOR\DiskKobo____eReader_________
USBSTOR\DiskKobo____
USBSTOR\Kobo____eReader_________0
Kobo____eReader_________0
USBSTOR\GenDisk
GenDisk

So it shows the revision number. Going to the correct usb Mass Storage entry(this would be so much easier if I had my laptop, and not the desktop with umpteen drives plugged in!)>Properties (double clicking)>Details>Device Instance ID, gives USB\VID_2237&PID_4163\N905B21300675, i.e. the correct PID. However, since nothing says it is the Kobo, it might not be helpful for others to do this (unless some do and some don't have way of easily identifying it).

Does anyone have an easy way for Mac and Linux users to do this?
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote