View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 02:55 AM   #1
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Book friendly and Linux compatible scanner(as OpticBook) ?

Hello.

I'm preparing and organizing my (e)book library for getting an ebook reader device, I'm going to digitalize all my books by scanner and OCR.

The problem is that doing it with an average scanner is a pain and I don't want to destroy/damage my books in the digitalization proccess. I found the OpticBook scanners from Plustek and they seem quite interesting.

The problem with those scanners is that they only work with Microsoft Windows, I'm a GNU/Linux user since years ago and I don't want to use Microsoft
software at all. SANE (Sanner Access Now Easy) project doesn't plan to support their scanners and the project seems to have not so big support. I also
readed this forum post, and even this taiwanese company ignores emails
too.

Are there some scanner similar than OptiBook scanners from Plustek but compatible with Linux? I have been unable to find similar scanner from other brands.

Regards.
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote