Thread: A Horror Story
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Something to look forward to...

I recently switched my net, phone and cable to one provider, a process of psychological castration much akin to last night's episode of Dirty Jobs, where host Mike Rowe had to castrate sheep by biting, yes, biting off their testicles. I would only have done this because of the constant frustration with my last provider, with whom I had simply had it up to here (see hand poised above head), and had to ditch lest I go out and kill an innocent bystander.

However, I do not look forward to my service calls with my new provider... past calls have always been accompanied by spooky organ music, wolf's howls, insane cackles and "Bwah-hah-hahs" at the other end. (It may have been my imagination... after all, every time I had to call them, I was insane with anger and probably not in my right mind.)

Yes, online, phone and cable providers always get my vote for the organizations most likely to wake up and find an angry mob with torches and pitchforks on the doorstep (and, in fact, I have volunteered for such duty many, many times)...

I think this is why you have to push 1,493 buttons before you are allowed to speak to a live human being. They want to give you time to cool off. At least this time they said they had a tech on the way to 'see what the problem is.'. Once before I called, and was told, "Well, I don't see anything wrong on this end, (Nothing is working, idiot!), I"m sorry but we need three calls before we can send a tech out" WHAT???? So I"m outside at 7:30, knocking on those few neighbors door that I know, asking them to please call Cox .......Then when I told my husband that, he placed a call himself. He wasn't as nice as me.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote