View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #28
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Ha! All I can say is "try it and see" . Seriously, the K4 is so thoroughly glued together, that you're unlikely to succeed without destroying it.
Two points: I'm sure it can be done and I'm also sure it's not worth doing.
Since I don't have a Kindle I'm not going to try it but the only glue I've found that won't release when the right solvent is applied is that which melts the plastic & 'welds' the pieces together. And I've taken that apart by cutting thru the weld with a very thin-bladed saw, then used the same glue to re-weld it. That pretty much supposes you know what glue was used. (in most cases where I've taken glued pieces apart they were models that I'd assembled so yes, I did know what glue was used.) Without that you'd probably need a good chemistry lab-or lots & lots of trial & error. Maybe both. Like I said, doesn't seem worthwhile.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote