View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hann View Post
I was able to unmount it and I tried the sudo command. It worked, but still wouldn't let me do what I wanted. It keeps saying the the file or directory does not exist. I have tried everything I can think of. Is there any reason why it would say this (other than, you know, if the file doesn't exist)? This is what I typed in (after I unmounted it): sudo dd if=/Users/NOOK/Desktop/Team-B-CM7SD-alpha_final.img if=/dev/disk1s1
NOOK is the name of my SD Card and Team B... is the name of the img thing. disk1s1 is what came up when I used the mount command at the beginning. Looking at this, do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
If NOOK is the name of your SD card, then you have the wrong path, it should be your username if the file is on your desktop. Make sure you have the right path for the file, or simply cd to the folder that contains the file and then do

dd if=./Team-B-CM7SD-alpha_final.img of=/dev/<your disk drive>

Also, when you do dd, you have to specify the disk, not the partition, disk1s1 sounds like partition 1 on disk1 - if so, you have to use disk1 instead.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote