View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #72
Dweia
Dweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with othersDweia plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
Diags on international Kindle 5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
5.0.0 diags: /etc/version.txt:
Software System Version: 137022-diags_signed-137022
Thu Nov 3 11:23:42 PDT 2011

5.1.0 diags: /etc/version.txt:
Software System Version: 137333-diags_signed-137333
Wed Nov 9 15:20:31 PST 2011
For me a different Diags:
[root@kindle etc]# cat version.txt
System Software Version: 019-J2-diags_yoshi-155938
Fri Apr 6 04:28:01 PDT 2012

Living in Europe, I got my "Kindle Touch" with original firmware 5.1.0 (1557760049) about a week ago, and have since been trying to read through half a year worth of posts on this forum (great work!) - my main intent was to get SSH working in both Diags and Main kernel, because I figured with shell-access to the machine, most things would be fixable and/or tweakable.

The main partition seems to behave as expected - Geekmasters "universal payload" installs and runs RUNME.sh like a charm - Yifanlu's jailbreak does as well, and with the usbnetwork + iptables-fix, SSH access is now possible (in MAIN).

However in Diags, Geekmasters hack (which seemed to me the cleanest/easiest to understand) refuses to run. So then I copied manually the dropbear files from /usr/local/* to /mnt/diag/usr/local/*, as well as the "iptables" and "shadow" files for network-access and the root password. After booting to Diags, I could now indeed access SSH (not via WiFi, but I didn't really expect that - usbnetwork did the trick though). HOWEVER: two reboots later (once to main, and back to diags) and no SSH-access any more!

A bit further checking reveals: BOTH /usr/local has been completely erased (subdirs etc, bin. sbin are gone) AND /var/local/system is empty as well (but should probably have contained Geekmasters "mntus.param").

I grabbed a copy of both mmcblk0p1.img and mmcblk0p2.img and will try to find differences to the versions that Geekmaster provided in the "Select Boot" thread, maybe I can find what's the difference. (Will take a few days though - RL intruding...)

Greetings,
Dweia

P.S. Geekmaster: If you wish, I can upload "my" diags-image to somewhere, if you want to have a look at it yourself...
Dweia is offline   Reply With Quote