View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I hasten to add, that at http://portableapps.com/apps/office, you can get a FREE version of either OpenOffice or LibreOffice that is designed to install on a thumb/flash drive.

Edit: I notice you can also get a portable version of Sigil ebook editor.
+1 I use several portable apps. I have them installed locally, but on a separate partition. Keeps things nice and orderly on my hard drive. I keep them backed up (with Synctoy) to a flash drive that I can unplug and take with me to any computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
What Nash said is one reason I switched from a Home edition to a Pro edition. It didn't hurt that my day job has enough business with Microsoft for us employees to qualify for their "Home Use" program. Check with your employer because that deal is only $9.95 for the Pro suite!
I got mine through the HUP as well. I do love Office, but I wouldn't have it if I'd had to pay full price. Not when there are other options like Glen mentioned. It would be hard to part with OneNote, though. Love my OneNote.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote