View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:01 AM   #492
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Hi

I have been looking for a book for the past six months that I have not been able to find anywhere within my reach. I am therefore begging the Mobileread sosciety for help with this.

The book I'm looking for is "The Technique of the Mystery Story", written by Carolyn Wells in 1913. From what I understand of copyright law, this book is public domain in the entire world, and could be copied and distributed freely?

I know that making an e-book takes time and are more than willing to spend that time myself if someone could provide me with scans in good quality of this book. So if there are anyone "out there" with access to this book and a scanner, I would be very grateful if I could get some scans to use for an epub version to upload to the library here.

Also, there are many other old books I am very interested in that I cannot get as interlibrary loans to my libraries in Norway. All of them are related to the genre of classical mysteries and puzzles, and all of them are in the public domain as far as I know. If there are anyone in the US or the UK that are very interested in this subject and willing to help me, please send me a PM on this site. What I cannot do myself is actually get hold of these books and scan them myself, but if I can get good quality scans from these books, I will make epubs myself and upload to the library.
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote