View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #45
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
In my experience with my working Nook ST, it'll discharge about 2-2.5% charge per day left in on, in standby mode. It will also discharge about 1% per hour reading. So in an average day, I generally read about 1hr, so I generally lose about 3% charge per day. If I don't use it at all, it'll still lose about 2% per day.

I have also found that when I charge it to 100%, for whatever reason, I generally lose about 3-4% charge overnight (I generally charge it in the evening) even if I don't use it, but it "steadies" at about 96% charge after than and only uses 2% per day in standby, 1% per hour reading.

I've also found, even using a wall adaptor, if it is drained to the point of shutting off, it takes a good 30-40 minutes on the wall adaptor charging before it allows itself to power on, probably longer on just a computer USB port. So the 15 minute message is very inaccurate.

For total battery life, my one experience running it from a full charge to 19% before charging I got a little over 30 days of use out of it. I think roughly 35 days, reading probably about 75 minutes a day on average over that period. Since the thing is rated at 30 minutes a day for 60 days, I'd say that is pretty decent.

If I read more in a day I get more hours of reading. If I did a "cram" session where I sit down and read for 8-12hrs in a day (sadly, with 3 young children that hasn't happened in years) I could probably get 70-80hrs of reading in before the battery was flat is my guess over 5-7 days, but because it discharges in standby some, I normally am getting about 40hrs or so of reading over about a month, which is still pretty good (my ipad 2 discharges less in standby than my Nook ST seems to, though the iPad 2's battery is 4.5x larger, but I might get 13-14hrs of reading on my iPad 2 if I am lucky and have the screen brightness at my normal setting, which is about 30% brightness and that is with 4.5x the battery capacity of the nook ST).
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote