View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #17
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
OK, since nothing is perfect, these are my issues with the Kindle:

1.) If I download a sample, and then buy the book, why is the sample still there on my Kindle? I find that annoying.

2.) I can't find a way to delete (the samples, for example!), from the Kindle. Do you really have to connect it to the computer? I thought the whole point was no computer?

3.) I wish the right-side page turn button was the same angle as the left side - i.e. flat.

4.) The Sony Reader is positively sexy in comparison (still getting over this!)

5.) I wish the keyboard on the front could be covered somehow. They distract me while I'm reading. I like no distractions while I read.

6.) The enclosed case really is rubbish.

Even with all these faults, the Kindle is a remarkable first attempt from Amazon.
1) I want it to put me in the new book at the same location where I left off in the sample, too.

2) Go to the Content Manager from the main menu. You can delete it there.

4) *sigh* I know. Ultimately I'll choose function over form but I'd prefer to have both.

5) A nifty little slide out keyboard like I have on my smartphone would rock.

6) The case is working pretty well for me now that the spine's a bit more bendy and the tab in the back isn't slipping out of its groove as much. I think that's also it flexing a bit with wear. This makes me worry that it'll just wear out in a while, though. I'm hoping for a better aftermarket case.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote