View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #1180
lkstrummer
Enthusiast
lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony Daily Edition PRS-950SC
You can add my name to the list of those dissatisfied by the ridiculously wide and non-optional headers and footers. Beyond addressing that primary concern, KOBO should also make an attempt at making headers and footers more functional.

In the course of reading a book, the current firmware forever displays the book's title in the header. Far more informative that this repetitive and useless information would be a dynamic header that alternated between the book's title and the current chapter's title (or number). This would more approximate a paper book. To complement the dynamic header information, the footer should display something like "Page X of Y" relative to the entire book when the header shows the book's title or "Page X of Y" relative the current chapter when the header displays the chapter's title. KOBO, please implement this!

I would also like another refinement to the current firmware. There should be a saved log of the words that have been looked up in the dictionary. My old SONY Daily Edition had this useful feature, and I credit it with helping me retain the more quixotic terms used in my readings. C'mon KOBO, step up!
lkstrummer is offline   Reply With Quote