View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #1234
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Glad it worked out. Yeah, thanks. The cover was an appropriate graphic that caught my eye as I looked for something to use in my Dresden collection of images.

Nine published books were available when I started reading the series. And four of the six Codex Alera books were also available as well. Painful? No, since I read a lot of other stuff too.

I remember having to wait for the other Harry (Potter) for the last 3 books - I started with Goblet of Fire. And since I am no fan of translation I had to wait a couple weeks after each release to have my parents ship over the UK version. And then I had to read them right away Retrospectively a very stupid move on my part - all you do is set yourself up for disappointment, or rather a longer wait for the next book.

I noticed comparing Potter and Dresden, that the Dresden books are less dependend upon each other - every book has a complete and finished story - or should we call it a case-file. On the same thought process, Potter should be one book with 7 parts - similar to Tolkien wanting Lord of the Rings to be just one Book. So hopefully the wait for Dresden books is going to be easier than the Potter books - especially as I still got many books to go.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote