View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I'm not sure this software is doing anything that matters on a BeBook. You started out with a single-page image in portrait mode and ended up with a single page image in portrait mode. No matter what page size the PDF specifies, the full page will be scaled on the BeBook to fit the actual screen, which is very small (6" diagonal). Things that could effect how a PDF displays on an EInk device include trimming margins and splitting one page into two pages (effectively magnifying what is on the page in the process).
I'm not sure I understand all of this, but I read that A4 sized PDF files look terrible on BeBook because the PDF must me scaled so much by BeBook software. When you open this PDF i provided with the computer, sure it looks the same, but if you investigate the dimensions you will see the document itself is now 90x120mm in size instead of A4.
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote