Thread: Touch Problem with Micro SD.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I've had a similar problem - my Nook ST developed an objection to my sd card. Sometimes it worked ok, other times it won't detect card until I remove the card and reinsert it. Tried another card, reformatted it with SDFormatter, also tried reformatting with the Nook. Tried a class 10 card but no better luck. Sometimes ok, other times can't find the sd card, or it detects a card but wants to format it - after reformatting the same problem occurs. Oddly once it is has recognized a card, it will work fine (can choose other ebooks after starting with one, and read for hours) until it is turned off. Then it is erratic. It's out of warranty, so I purchased a refurb from ebay and that works ok. I'm keeping the problem device because it does work after a fashion and is ok as a backup.

I've never found that the Nook corrupts the ebooks during detection problems; if I remove the card from the problem nook and use it in the refurb., all books are accessible and readable.
Sounds like your problem is with the device not the SD card. With me, other SD cards worked in the new Nook and this particular SD card would not work in my other Nook. At least my problem is cheaper to solve, i.e. buy a new SD card. However, formatting seems to have worked...so far.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote