View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #40
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
I don't email my many docs and books to my kindle account because I do not like the kindle reading app and do not particularly care for how frequently Amazon has changed their policies with regards to cloud storage in the past.

As for the nature of some of the replies to my post, I have to say that not only did those replies that I refer to as attacks completely avoid dealing with the initial question they also came after my own personal statements. To have been considered helpful those replies would have to have been phrased in an entirely different way than they were. I have no problem with debate and with differing opinions, but when the replies that I received from a select few completely ignored the subject of the thread and instead went after me for wanting to use a network connection to do my reading, then I felt attacked. The statements were not open for discussion, they were aggressive and close minded. Whether that was on purpose or simply because of the posters' underlying prejudices toward my desire to use a network connection for what they saw as a fundamentally off line activity makes no difference. If those same posts had approached me in a more open way and to find out why I would want to do things the way that I do, then there would have been no problem, but that is not what happened. The very first reply to my post did exactly that, they asked me why in an open and curious way without making me feel foolish for having a different out look on how I use my network connection or store my ebooks. This whole experience has seriously soured me on this forum, which is too bad seeing as I have been a member for the last four years and have found many helpful and guiding posts here and have very rarely felt anything but good intentions from the other members.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote