View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #33
dtanis
Enthusiast
dtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud of

Device: PocketBook Pro 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I've found that filenames with non-ASCII characters can be unpacked successfully in the /tmp directory (rather than the FAT filesystems where the ebooks are stored).
Quite strange. I can make directories or files on my Pocketbook with poterm and pi (editor) with non-ASCII filenames without any problems on the FAT-formatted discs. Looks like unrar uses other calls to create files.

Quote:
The disadvantage of using /tmp is that it is limited to 128 MB, so really big archives will probably fail when space runs out on that device.
Good enough for me. Most comics in my collection are about 20~40MB, and now I don't require some free space on my mSD-card too. Nice.

Quote:
Hopefully, this problem will go away when we change the program to unpack the images one at a time via internal library code rather than all at once via external commands. But that could take a while before it gets done.
I thought the FW has zlib on board, so you should be able to unpack files from zip-files directly into memory.

Thanks again for the fast fix. I have a request though. I read some manga and it would be nice if could open a dictionary in imageviewer the same way as in Adobe Reader or FB2-Reader. So I can retype the Japanese word from the image to find the meaning of the unknown word.
dtanis is offline   Reply With Quote