View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #112
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
As far as I understand, syncing works only for the books already linked. So if I sync from my read shelf, the linked books will sync but others won't? Even if there is an exact match on calibre?
So after this syncing I might end up with read books on my to read shelf when I add them to shelf.

If you could explain a little how to make adding to one of the exclusive shelves safe (not changing the status of the book if it was already added, but not linked).
Situation. I add a few new books to calibre. Some of them are on goodreads shelves, some not. Some read and some not. I don't know which. Syncing won't work, since these books aren't linked. If I just add them to my to read shelf, the ones which already are on that shelf won't be added, but all others will be added, even if they are already on my read shelf.

You suggested making empty books for the books which ain't on calibre. This could work for the books I wish to buy, but how does it work for my read shelf? I have all those books, they just aren't added to calibre yet. What happens then I add them to calibre? I get duplicates? Especially if the title doesn't match exactly (like "The" is missing or similar or author is BA Author instead of B.A. Author).

Also can you add a book to not an exclusive shelf, then it isn't on any of the exclusive selves?

Sorry if I am bothering you with my questions, but I want to use this plug in to its full functionality and just want to understand how it works.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote