View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 10:32 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethohio3 View Post
As I've added books to Calibre, many of them have the series information in the Title (e.g. Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega). Using Patricia Briggs as another example, some of her Sianim books had (Sianim) after the title and some had (Aralorn).

Obviously there is a lot of inconsistency in how titles are put together by the publisher in the metadata.

I've been using (and want to use) the Series tag in Calibre for the Series name and number.

I have two questions:
1) Do people recommend "cleaning up the title" and removing the series name from the title of the book?

2) How do you handle the Number for Series that don't have an obvious order (Liaden series where the book release dates jump around)

I'm asking these as Calibre questions, but if it matters, I read my ebooks on an iPad or iPhone using Marvin.

Thanks!
I would recommend cleaning the Titles of all 'extraneous' stuff, like pubdates, series etc.

For series with no designated or obvious sequence I would recommend just having them all at 0.

FWIW - I have a #subtitle/Subtitle custom column

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote