View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #9
redscarlett
Enthusiast
redscarlett began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The problem: before anyone can give you the multiple-path template, you must supply the templates and the precise rules for choosing between the templates. The rules can look only at the metadata for the book. The choice specifically cannot depend on human intervention, because the human isn't available inside the computer.

Thus, if you can tell me what metadata should generate which save template, then I can give you a master template that makes the choice. If the choice is made because you know the answer but can't give the rules, then abandon hope all ye who enter here.
Sorry - I'm new to this, so I wasn't sure what to/what not to supply.

I'll try and make it clearer. After a think, in an ideal world (because I don't know what is possible) I would please like...

1. Folders to go: #category, which contains the #sub_category folders, in which are the corresponding series. If no series exists, then the ebooks should just be in their #sub_category folder.
The title of the ebooks to be title - series number (to 2 decimal places) - author ,if the ebook is within a series. If it isn't part of a series, then just title-author.

2. Folders: #genre, to contain the #sub_genre folders.
Title of ebook: title-author.

3. Folders: #genre, to contain the #sub_genre folders, each of which contains the relevant 'series' folders.
Title: title-series number to 2 decimal places-author

Is that better? Or do I need to put anything else? I suppose 2. and 3. are the same thing, only one is for ebooks in a series and the other is for single ebooks.

Thank you
redscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote