View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #233
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcj View Post
I'm curious myself. It's entirely possible that I have misremembered the whole thing and it is something hypothetical, such as the tetrachromacy as mentioned by meeera above. It's also possible that it was something I read in a newspaper however I am generally skeptical when reading science news in newspapers (even reputable ones) as the articles are usually so truncated and superficial that they are close to being untrue.
Tetrachromacy makes sense in this case, as the blotches intensify in low light. Funny that the article mentions the need to test individuals and confirm the percentage of tetrachromats - Amazon could just donate their defective Paperwhites to Research - one look and you'd know if you have it or not

This subject is getting more and more intriguing!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote