View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMe View Post
Please forigve me if this topic has been broached a thousand times before since the release of the Kindle.

I do not understand the Locations system. To what do the numbers correspond? Is there any way/hack/anything to translate these locations into conventional page numbers.

The Kindle seems like a fine device. However, in the instance of page numbers it would seem that Sony has the upper hand. At least when I have a more conventional system (i.e. 17 of 405 -or whatever) I get some idea of how far I am in the book in question. The location system is gibberish to me at this time.
That, and page numbers don't make much sense in a system where every change of font sizes is going to change the number of potential pages.

I've only had my Kindle a little over a week, but I have already gotten very used to the numbering system. And, with the ease of bookmarking, searching and annotating, I have found that most of the time it simply doesn't matter to me what "page" I am on. I can always find what I want or where I was in the book.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote