View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I am saying nothing of the sort. I am saying they have access to them and could if they wanted. That means my company would not allow me to put confidential information on the Kindle. I would be fired if they found out I did so. It is a violation of the security policy.

I also don't trust them not to tell the government what I read just like we all now realize we can't trust our telcos not to turn over our usage data without a warrant. You may think that's paranoid but with 750,000 people on the watch list, maybe it's not. Of course, just downloading a political book is probably just as risky so I doubt the Kindle is adding much to it.
Interesting point for security. It is not clear that they can upload your books. Perhaps you can apply Unix protection on the files to prevent their access. I wonder how long it will take spammers and hackers to start sending files over whispernet. Anything that is online has some security concerns.

dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote