View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #374
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's possible that's your problem, then. If you're doing it via Sigil, I expect Sigil does some automatic opf-tidying-up as you remove chunks and save the changes. But I don't know it well enough to know in detail exactly what it does and doesn't clean up.

The <manifest> is a list (id, url, media-type) of all the files in the epub,
the <spine> is an ordered list of ids of the html files which will be displayed when you read the epub,
and the <guide> is... I'm not sure what it's purpose is in an epub but I think the items in there are used by Kindle formats.
My observation
OPF (section) Cleanup does not always get done... Unless:

Manifest: you move an existing file. (you can move it back after a move)
Spine: rename the file
Guide: assign a semantic to a different file
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote