View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 03:41 AM   #13
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
I like the underdog, too, and it was actually the initial wave of Kobo hype that hooked me on the idea of buying an ereader. But then B&N and Amazon both undercut them on price while offering more features. The Kobo price cut still leaves it more expensive than the K3 when you count tax.

And as a practical matter, it seems far easier for an unscrupulous tax dodgin' type to get library EPUBs over to the Kindle than it is to get cheap Amazon mobis Kobo-ready.

I just don't see how Kobo competes unless they cut their price to under 100.
As far as I know, kindle does not support epub. I may be wrong.
To me, the only option I want is to read without thinking all about
underlying hardware. And I do, except looking at battery indicator
often. Other matter is that almost every manufacturer tries to lock
you into the silo. You accept it or not.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote