View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
My bookstore lives in the interwebs. I just love the smell of fresh electrons as I open a newly downloaded book for the first time.
As an ex-physicist, I can say that most electrons are very, very old; not fresh. To get new ones, you need some kind of energetic creation process, like beta decay or particle induced pair production. So, make sure you wear a lead shield on your nose before sniffing those fresh electrons.

As an aside, bananas are rich in potassium, some of which beta decays to produce fresh electrons, so I can see where your preference comes from.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote