View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 01:20 AM   #16
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Is there a way of getting a direct download from Amazon? Right now, my workflow is:

Kobo (non-kepub-only, obv, which is most of them): Download via ADE, pull file out (easy because it usually is named transparently), deDRM (either via standalone app or third-party Calibre plugin), Calibre.

Kindle: Download via Kindle for Mac, pull file out (somewhat less easy because it has a nonsense filename; find hidden Kindle for Mac folder and sort by date, then find file), deDRM (either via standalone app or third-party Calibre plugin), Calibre.

These seem pretty similar to me. I continue to use an old version of ADE (1.7.2).

Kepub: download via Kobo app, usu Obok third-party Calibre plugin, done.
If you purchase on your computer from the Amazon website you have the option to download the file directly to your computer. No need to extract it from Kindle to Mac at all.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote