View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
PC and iliad together: ssh? dropbear?

If I understand things correctly I can install dropbear on the iliad and then ssh into it from my PC and run commands on the iliad.

Does this mean that, in principle, I should be able to remotely open a PDF with ipdf? Taking this further, is it reasonably straight-forward to run a script on my PC session that sends the command using ssh to the iliad session to open the pdf?

The iliad has no bibliography manager and even if it did I suspect it would be too slow to work with. I therefore want to be able to use my PC for managing my bibliography but be able to read articles on the iliad. I am hoping that by networking the two I can search using my bibliography manager and if I want to read an article be able to quickly open it on the iliad without having to navigate to the right folder and then use the search function to open the right PDF.

Does it make sense to even think along these lines or do I have things mixed up?

Thanks for any pointers.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote