View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #14
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
I transferred this file to my Treo and can open it in Mobipocket 5.3. Search link within the file works great.

But just a heads up to other PalmOS users - when I set this as my dictionary in Mobipocket, my Treo 755 consistently does a soft reset if I try to lookup a word by highlighting it while reading some other text. Not sure what the problem is - might be in Mobipocket and not this file at all, but the combination isn't working for lookups from other documents, at least for me.
Just in case anyone else is still pondering this somewhat "ancient" problem:

Today I had exactly the same problem with the file (or any other dictionary files for Mobipocket) under Mobipocket 5.3 on my Zire 72. Setting a dictionary under preferences caused a fatal exception.

So finally I tried putting a demo-file of a commercial dictionary on to the Palm Zire. And after activating the fulltext search option in this demo dictionary ... wow ... the word lookup function worked with the GICDE

Last edited by beachwanderer; 02-19-2010 at 06:05 PM.
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote