View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
However there are several major differences between the two.
  • Vox is running stock 2.3. //Nook has a home brew running 2.2
  • Vox is Open no hacking required. You can install any app you wish from GetJar and Amazon appstore //Nook is closed.
  • Vox has a different form factor. Many folks complain about the weight of the nook.
Last and most important.
  • Vox has AFFS+* vs. nooks IPS.

*AFFS+ is suppose to be REALLY good in daylight with similar screen quality of IPS.

Since this device is sold as a reading device and not a tablet the screen alone is reason to buy this over the nook and Fire.

=X=
I can see the 1.6 oz weight difference and AFFS+ display as a factor for those using the Vox as an ereader. Since I'm using a device of this type as a tablet, those features are totally irrelevant for me.

Waiting to see how the Vox, Fire, and NC II do in the real world.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote