View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Kobo Desktop App Never Works...Should I Stop Using It?

I bought a new book on the Kobo website last night. Then I loaded the desktop app to copy the book to my Kobo. Every time I do this (lately, it's been about once every few weeks) I get a message to install a new version of the Desktop App (ummm...how often do they update this thing???). AND, as usual, there was a problem with my new book appearing on my Kobo, even after I synched several times, deleted the book from my desktop APP and then re-syching again and again.

This happened to me a few weeks ago when I bought a book, so then I decided to side-load it through ADE, and then my Kobo crashed (everything on the Kobo disappeared) and I had to do a factory re-set.

This time, I figured side-loading my new book was the only choice, so I got brave and sideload it again (this time, I logged out and closed the desktop app prior to that, in the hopes that I wouldn't have to do another factory reset).

I downloaded/opened my book directly from the Kobo bookstore/website into ADE and then copied it into my Kobo from there - and it worked. Phew!

So - the real question here: Should I do this every single time and just skip the Kobo desktop app? It seems SOOOO unstable and causes problems each time I use it!!! Let me know what you think!

Last edited by pokee; 10-11-2011 at 12:36 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote