View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #12
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Below is the text of the e-mail I just sent to Mcmillan.

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm sad to see your books removed from Amazon.com. However, there are still plenty of books for me to purchase and read on my Kindle. If you cannot sell your e-books at Amazon's $9.99 price point then you really need to examine your business model. I have always bought many books, as I have been a voracious reader since childhood. However, I used to haunt used book stores, library sales and the like to get them as inexpensively as possible. It was very rare indeed for me to buy a new book, usually only when I had a gift card or there was a particular author whose work I could not wait to read. Since purchasing my first Kindle a little more than a year ago I have gone on a book buying binge, buying well over a hundred e-books. The vast majority of these books would have been purchased second hand, if at all, if I was still buying paper books. You have the potential to sell me many more books if you can sell them in the Kindle store for less than $10. I won't be paying more than $9.99 for e-books by any publisher, and if you cannot reach a reasonable price point I won't be buying any books from you. As I said I would like to continue doing business with you, but if you continue to try to do business with your mid-20th century model I fear we may have parted ways for good. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Connallmac(Named change to protect the indignant!)
Satisfied Kindle Customer
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote