View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The indenting was done in the "Advanced" editor. I have used "fancy formatting" in a number of my OTHER threads and posts. There really are limitations. At least the the bug in the CODE and PHP boxes got fixed...

I suppose we could make a MASTER INDEX wiki page, and then turn the first post in this thread into a large CLICK ME button that goes to that wiki page.
This web-site package is already on life-support.
It will be replaced, the only unknowns are: When and With What.

There is ten years worth of content put here by over 150,000 users.
That is something to be protected during any site overhaul.
Needless to say, a big job for the Web-Mastering crew here.

- - - -

We can't get a new drop down in the top menu bar, the top menu bar is common to all forums.

The next box with the breadcrumb trail and login box has a life long lease on the top of the page(s).

The next box (td.alt1) which is now showing "Kindle Developer's Corner etc." and sometimes has messages in it might be "up for grabs".

Placing a forum specific menu bar inside of td.alt1 might be an answer.

I can do that at MiniModding.com (TikiWiki) but I don't know if it could be done here (vBulletin).

The only other idea that comes to mind is to make the title sticky point into the wiki instead of currently pointing into a forum thread.
That might be fairly easy to do and would lead to your "Master Directory" page.

Some feedback from our active users before making these suggestions to the Web-Master crew would be nice to read.

Last edited by knc1; 06-12-2012 at 07:36 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote