View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #27
Schrollini
Schrollini began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by maptau_07 View Post
thank you for the great effort you have put in to this tool! It looks very promising. Unfortunately, it does not yet function on the T2.
Thanks for giving it a go. Hopefully we can get things working for you.

Quote:
Loading PDFs on to the device works fine with prsam-tk (once I manually created the Download directory on the ereader)
This is a minor issue, but it's good you could work around it. It be nice to avoid it if possible though, so is there an existing directory on the T2 where it would be appropriate to put the files?

Quote:
and the database file is also created. Unfortunately, that's where it stops. Once the database has been created, prsam-tk doesn't start again, unless I delete the database file.
That's no good! Just to make sure we're on the same page, the database file you're talking about is the file on your computer with a long funny name that ends in .prc, correct?

The errors you are seeing are actually not big problems. Mostly it's showing that Python on Windows is behaving a bit differently than I'm used to. I can fix that on my own though. Let's focus here, first:

Quote:
If I run getannotations.py in the python GUI, I receive the following error message:
C:\Python27\Scripts\getannotations.py mount-point

Find all annotated PDFs on the Sony PRS-T1 mounted at the specified
mount point, and present a menu to let the user chose to export one
of them with annotations. Currently, only the freehand annotations
drawn directly on the page are supported.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\Scripts\getannotations.py", line 63, in <module>
sys.exit(0)
SystemExit: 0
>>>
The getannotations.py script isn't smart enough to know where the reader is plugged in. On Windows, the reader should show up as a new drive (F:\ or G:\ or something, depending on your computer). Try passing that drive as an argument to getannotations. (That is getannotations.py F:\. You may need at add quote marks around the drive name: getannotations.py "F:\".) If it works, you'll get a list of files you've annotated and a prompt to choose one of them to download onto your computer. Chances are it won't work, though, but the error message will likely be useful.

This will likely be a bit of work to get things fixed, but I'm 90% sure we can get it to work in the end.
Schrollini is offline   Reply With Quote