View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #68
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
If your Kindle 2 is CDMA, it does not apply, because your limit outside the US has always been 0M.

If your Kindle 2 has cell-phone based internet outside the US, it is GSM, and the limit applies.
Actually, it's that the limit "may" apply. At this point, anyway. They're not applying it all cases outside the US yet.

Quote:
My question about how likely it is to get to 50M has not been answered. However, I am thinking there is no way anyone in my family, including our son who is going for a semester in Hong Kong next month, will hit this limit. 50M is the equivalent of fifteen Project Gutenberg copies of War and Peace, including HTML markup. So long as he keeps images off, how can he get to that?
I agree. I used 3G often on the KK/K3 and found it really useful, but never got close to that 50M as it would drive me crazy. Maybe people who subscribe to hundreds of text feeds and actually go through them daily might, since those are doable on the e-Ink devices might get close.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote