View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #67
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
That agreement is linked to from the kindle.com/support section. under the "Kindle License Agreement and Terms of Use" link. Note also the relevant paragraphs both above below the last one, which you conveniently left out, and which I've highlighted in red.

Translation: the experimental web browser is only for web browsing, and outside of areas where they have service agreements, they don't guarantee anything. If Rogers in Canada, or some other provider elsewhere, either jacks up the rates or else denies them service, Amazon can't guarantee connectivity for connecting to the Kindle Store, much less your tethering a laptop (already against the terms) to stream hours of YouTube video, or downloading things.
I didn't conveniently leave anything out. I'm not even the one who brought up the agreement in the first place. As far as I'm concerned, the entire Wireless Connectivity portion of the agreement is irrelevant as far as limiting 3G web browsing goes. Web browsing on the included browser is certainly allowed as far as conduct goes (I don't know if you're trying to imply that I tether, but I certainly don't), and the availability section refers to whether or not 3G is even available in the first place. Even Amazon understands that this part of the agreement doesn't address being able to artificially limit 3G web browsing, which is why it's in a completely different section:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...5470&#intwhisp
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote