View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 07:29 AM   #6
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
What does "timing out" mean? I've run a conversion or two that took over 5 hours to complete. I never had it time out. In my experience it either stops with an error message or it continues to completion.
It'd come up with an error message, saying the conversion had failed, when looking at the message it indicates that the Python process timed out. Quite likely the problem is that I might have a process-time-limit set on my configurations within the system or Python, I've not gone and checked yet.

Either way, the move to the more powerful machine solved it all - probably should have done it there in the first place (and it's not like it's a pain, since with using Linux I can just run Calibre remotely but it behaves like it's running on this machine).

Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote