View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
If my PC needs to be reformatted ( as it freezes a lot on starting ) ... What is saved in my backed up to external calibre folder?
Only I am slowly figuring out columns and genres. Its taking me ages and I should hate to lose them!
Its bad enough in picasa where I lose all my thumbnails
Which OS are you using?

If it is Windows XP, you can do a repair install or upgrade to Windows 7.

If it's Windows 7, you can edit the registry to tell Windows that it is an earlier version and then do an upgrade. Look via Google and you'll find out how to do that. Look for downgrading Windows 7 Ultimate.

If it is Windows Vista, upgrade to Windows 7.

I cannot say that this will definitely work, but it is something to try after you've backup what you need to backup as if you were starting over.

Last edited by JSWolf; 02-24-2013 at 01:13 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote