View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #162
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
Checking Wikipedia, I see that when the iOS app store opened it had 500 apps, in 6 months it had only 15,000 apps, and it took almost a year to get to 50,000 apps. That certainly didn't mean that platform was a failure, it just takes time to build up a large store of apps.
I didn't say it would lead to failure, I just felt that it jumped out at me as the platform's principal drawback when I used it. Only time will tell whether Win8 is able to accrue significant support from developers. I would nevertheless hesitate to draw close parallels between the evolution of iOS and Win8. When the former's app store was opened it had no real competition, so things will almost certainly play out differently this time.

Last edited by holymadness; 11-14-2012 at 09:51 AM.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote