View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #5
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
I do wonder if the bookstore in the article is actually the primary distributor of the book or if they are an Amazon affiliate or something.
The article mentions three book store chains and they are all primary distributors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeridr View Post
Seems that the comments are reflecting the same as in Norway, namely the price rather than the visibility and access.
I have been complaining at the Norwegian e-books costing NOK 279,- (~US$ 50,-).
Well, perhaps I shouldn't complain as the Danish e-books have an RRP of DKK 299,- which is about US$ 57,-

So, in my opinion, I actually hope this approach fails badly until the e-book prices come down to a sensible level. As "accepted" in US with $9,99 we Scandinavians would "accept" a price of NOK/DKK/SEK 99,- per e-book. (And probably €9,99 for Finland).
I think I could accept up to 150,- more or less the level of paperbacks. Saxo.dk (online retailer) sells ebook at cost price because they thought the prices set by the publishers were unreasonably high (at least for some books).
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote