View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #11
razmichael
razmichael doesn't litterrazmichael doesn't litter

Device: Kobo WiFi
I cannot validate the original Kobo database structure not owning one, but I'll pass some sql statements that work for me with my wifi version. I built a samll microsoft access database that show the various books and those that are set for I'm Reading. You can then select all or select ones and these will be removed from I'm Reading section. I did find some books that did not show up in Calibre for some reason so this technique came in handy but it does require some work to install SQLite drivers first and you need Access 2007 or 2010. On the other hand, if you just want to directly write/update the database directly then Firefox has a good add-in available (search in Firefox for SQLite Manager add in). From this you can view and run sql queries directly to the Kobo database. Suggest making a backup first and/or testing on a backup.

To view the books that are marked I'm Reading:

SELECT ContentID, Title FROM Content WHERE BookID is NULL AND ReadStatus=1;

Case 1 'This marks I'm Reading books as complete

UPDATE [content] SET [ReadStatus]=2, [FirstTimeReading]=0, [___PercentRead]=100 WHERE [BookID] is NULL AND ReadStatus=1;

Case 2 'This marks I'm Reading books as unread

UPDATE [content] SET [ReadStatus]=0, [FirstTimeReading]=-1, [___PercentRead]=0 WHERE [BookID] is NULL AND ReadStatus=1;

If you feel adventurous the Microsoft DB is available at

[URL="https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B21PNyGPngBOYWUyYTc1NjQtNDExMi00ZTY5LTllM zQtODVkOWJiZWE5NThj&hl=en[/URL]

Be careful with it as I have not done extensive testing although I use it often and have not had a problem (keep a db backup!!!).
razmichael is offline   Reply With Quote