View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
dwallbaum
Zealot
dwallbaum has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle2
Updated inquiry on K2 power

Gentlefolk;

In an ongoing experiment to understand the K2 and its use of power, I bought a USB->microUSB cable to carry with the K2 and use while at another PC.

I USBed (ahh.. another noun into a verb...) a mobi file into my K2, and thought I would leave the USB connected to power the K2 while it indexed.

The green light was on as soon as I plugged in the USB, indicating full charge (the battery monitor showed less than full, but not remarkably less than full, so close enough, I figure.)

The book appeared after I unmounted the Kindle, but still leaving the USB connected.

The K2 stayed on the Menu page for a few minutes, then went to sleep, displaying the screen saver.

The charge light is now OFF, no color showing at all.

Opinions? This seems to indicate that after a certain amount of time, the K2 will "disconnect" from the power source and put itself into sleep mode. OR, I could have a faulty K2.

Thx!

UPDATE: ahhh... klever, klever Kindle.... When I took the K2 out of sleep mode, it automatically remounted to the computer. The display indicated that if I wanted to use the K2 as a reader, to dismount the Kindle. I did this, and the Menu page appeared again, and the green light came back on.

So, it appears that after some point, the power system does shut down....just put the K2 in sleep mode and the green light is still on. Well, Im confused....

DonW

Last edited by dwallbaum; 05-27-2009 at 09:10 AM.
dwallbaum is offline   Reply With Quote