View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #865
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs down

You're correct but, you know, the Kindle app is so unspeakably lame in virtually all other aspects relevant for e-reader software, that these benefits aren't enough to make it even usable for me. And I mean just usable -- considering a switch away from Marvin to Kindle would be sheer lunacy.

While we're "loving to hate" the Kindle app, I might praise one more feature it has: the exquisite page-flip animation. Marvin doesn't have that, either. But, those are details to me, compared to the essential functionality of an e-reader app.

As an example, take the Kindle app's worst sin: it makes even a simple copy/paste of a highlighted passage, within iOS, impossible. There's no excuse.