View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Well what firmware are you on? I've got 2.1.5. All my books are sideloaded epubs on a 16G Sandisk Micro SD card.

Other than telling us yours is slow and no other information makes it hard to help out with suggestions. I haven't seen anyone else reporting their Glo is slow like you are saying yours is. Was it slow when you bought it? What steps have you taken to fix said slowness? Have you made sure you have the latest firmware (2.1.5 if NOT in Japan)? Have you tried the 2.2.1 firmware (not recommended by Kobo)? Are you using sideloaded epubs? Are you using a Micro SD card? If so what brand. Have you reading without the card?

I mean you saying it's slow is like a baby sitting in the middle of the room crying. Does it need a diaper change, got gas, needs feeding, thirsty, tired? In other words we need more information before serious help can come your way.
Hi - that's a fair point. I didn't go into detail because I didn't think it would be a fixable problem. I suppose I was having a whinge more than having asking for help :0) I am running the same firmware as you. What kind of steps could I take to fix? Resetting I suppose
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote