View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I have both. To be honest I prefer the T1. It is easier for me to hold & turn pages in one hand. I do like the Nook tap page turns (also has swipe) But the buttons on the side are rather stiff & not the best for turning pages. And the bezel on the Nook is just wide enough to make it difficult for me to read one handed (small hands). Plus the tap turns for going forward are on the right & I tend to hold my book with my left hand. If I could switch sides it would be okay. You can change the buttons, to switch from top to bottom page turns forward.

The big plus for me is that the dictionaries on the Sony are so much better. I like to read books with a lot of foreign words in them & the translation dictionaries on the Sony are nice. The Nook has just one kind of dictionary.

If you prefer to download books wireless from a store, then I think the B&N store is much nice than the Sony Store.

If you like to use the web browser then go for the Sony. The Nook really doesn't have one (you can get to it but it is not good at all)

And finally the T1 with case fits in my purse much better. The Nook is kind of clunky (with case)
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote